Monday, July 12, 2010

i dont want to be satisfied with my job forever, but while i have nothing else to wake up for, i am so grateful that i enjoy it. ive had far worse after all, and even then it has never been that bad.

today a middle aged couple came in when it was quiet so i went out of my way to help them, partly for the (very selfish) reason that i knew it would make me feel better about myself.

"you're ever so happy today, why are you so happy? have you been taking happy pills? oh it's lovely to speak to someone who is so happy..."

well goodness me. i was having a horrible day, i had recieved some terrible news on my break and even before my break i was messing everything up and feeling a little out of focus.

for the rest of my shift i smiled.

their kindness had such a lovely knock-on effect, i almost didnt want to come home.

1 comment: